Help and Support for Mental Health and Wellbeing
Virtual Attorney Support Group
The Lawyer Assistance Program hosts a weekly virtual support group to help you structure a time in your day to connect with others, cope with stress and create healthy routines for maintaining psychological and emotional health during this time. Our groups meet on Wednesdays at 12:00 p.m. via Webex, an online meeting platform.
RSVP by emailing Michelle Cuevas, Clinical Coordinator at LAP at MCuevas@nycbar.org, and she will send you a Webex invite with instructions on how to access the group.
Topics addressed in the group will include:
- Combatting isolation and accessing support in a time of social isolation and distance
- Techniques to manage stress and anxiety
- Distress tolerance, emotion regulation and mindfulness techniques
- Creating a routine to maintain physical and emotional health
- Career/employment issues
- Maintaining work/life balance while working from home
- Family/relationship issues
- Sustaining hope, looking ahead
It’s normal for stress, anxiety and panic to arise when we are working remotely, have changes in routine, are social distancing and have concerns for ourselves and our loved ones health and well-being.
If you or anyone in your family has a mental health or substance use issue, it’s essential to keep connected.
Please feel free to contact us by phone, email or text for a confidential chat.
Eileen Travis, Director
Emily Lambert, Clinical Coordinator
Confidential helpline: 212-302-5787 (leave a message)
Eileen Travis, call or text: 917-488-4890