The City Bar’s building is open on a limited, appointment-only basis. To schedule a visit, and for the latest on how the City Bar is responding to the coronavirus, click here.
Real Estate Law CLE - Real Property CLE
Looking for New York continuing legal education (CLE) programming specifically in the areas of Real Estate and Real Property?
The New York City Bar Association hosts numerous CLE programs specifically in the practice areas of Real Estate and Real Property. Many of these programs are uniquely specialized for attorneys practicing in New York City (and the Tri-State Area) which speak to local laws and real estate matters emanating from New York City’s booming real estate industry. The programs cover both commercial and residential property topics.
Upcoming Real Estate Programs
Residential Real Estate Closings: What You Need to Know From Pre-Contract to Closing
Tuesday, September 14, 2020 | 9:00 am - 4:00 pm &
Tuesday, September 21, 2020 | 8:45 am - 5:45 pm
Register for Both Days | Register for Day One Only | Register for Day Two Only
Construction Contracts 101: Demystifying Design & Construction Contracts for the Successful Project
September 15, 2020 | 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Cooperatives, Condominiums & Other Residential Real Estate Contracts & Leases: Using, Drafting & Negotiating Riders
October 7, 2020 | 2:00 pm - 4:15 pm
Commercial Real Estate Law: The Basics & Beyond
October 27, 2020 | 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm (Rescheduled from May 20, 2020)
The Do’s and Don't’s of Zoning Lot Mergers & Development Rights Transfers in New York City
December 7, 2020 | 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
On both of these pages, you may select the practice area “Real Estate” to hone in on real estate-centric programs.
Below are just some of the real estate programs that have recently been offered at the New York City Bar Association:
- Residential Real Estate Closings
- Representing a Buyer or Seller
- Current Governance Issues in Cooperatives & Condominiums
- Commercial Real Estate Law: The Basics & Beyond
- Neighboring Property Construction Matters
- AirBnB Under Siege: The Evolving Legal Landscape
- Ethical Issues in the Practice of Real Estate
- Hot Topics Affecting Cooperatives & Condominiums
- What Construction Lawyers Need to Know
- Surviving the Residential Real Estate Closing
- Real Attachments: An In-Depth Look at Commercial Leases
- Ownership of Cooperative Apartments and Condos by Trusts
- Risk/Crisis Management in Construction Projects
- Litigating Construction Project Disputes 101
- Basics in Commercial Real Estate Contract Negotiation
For any questions or to register by phone, please call 212-382-6663.