The New York City Bar will be CLOSED starting 2:00 PM on Friday, September 1st in observance of Labor Day. We will resume our regular hours at 9:00 AM on Tuesday, September 5th.
Provide services for senior lawyers; conduct programs for assistance to and of interest to senior lawyers; consider and promote programs for the benefit of the bar, law schools, law students, and the community, utilizing the services and experience of senior lawyers, both on a volunteer or compensated basis; and to act as the voice of senior lawyers within the Association of the Bar.
The following are suggested ways a senior lawyer may benefit his or her community:
- Actively participate in a bar association
- Teach law courses
- Write articles for bar publications
- Act as mentor for students, young lawyers and lawyers in transition
- Serve as legal aid volunteer
- Serve as volunteer mediator
- Provide volunteer legal services
- Serve as an expert witness
- Speak to nonlawyer groups, churches, etc.
- Volunteer for nonprofits in the community
- Volunteer for domestic violence prevention programs