On May 1, 2015, from 11 AM to 2:30 PM, the New York City Bar Legal Referral Service and the New York State Courts Access to Justice Program will co-host a free legal information fair at Collect Pond Park in Manhattan (Leonard Street between Centre Street and Lafayette Street). At Law Day, you have the opportunity to:
- Learn about your legal rights and how to be proactive in addressing legal issues you confront
- Pick up helpful brochures, forms, booklets, and other materials that address a variety of common legal questions and topics
- Have a free consultation with experienced lawyers who can help you:
- Discover whether you have a legal issue
- Find out whether you need a lawyer
- Figure out if you should seek help from a local, state, or federal agency and, if so, which one
- Learn about other legal services providers – often also at Law Day – which may be able to help you with your specific issue
Many community leaders and representatives from the New York State Courts, and social service organizations participate and are available to answer questions and provide information about their services.
At our Law Day booth you can find helpful information on these topics:
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Consumer Law
- Estate Planning/Elder Law
- Foreclosure, Bankruptcy Prevention
- Small Claims Court
- Divorce and Family Law
- And more!
For more information on Law Day activities, please contact us at 212-382-6789 or email@example.com.