The City Bar will close at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, May 27, and will be closed on Monday, May 30, in observance of Memorial Day.
Virtual Law Office - Professional Business Services
City Bar Member Exclusive
Important Virtual Law Firm Update:
The New York City Bar building is currently open five days a week, from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. All visitors, including City Bar members and staff in the building, are required to be vaccinated. Masks are not required but certainly permitted. Please view our Coronavirus response page for any updates. During this time we have made the temporary adjustments noted below to our Virtual Law Firm operations and procedures. The adjustments are in the best interest of the health and safety of our valued members and staff.
Mail Pick Up:
Virtual Law Firm (VLF) mail will ONLY be available for pick up during the times of 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday to Friday. No appointments are needed. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail forwarding requests are now being processed Monday through Friday.
Detail mail services are suspended until further notice.
We are now accepting FedEx and UPS deliveries provided they are delivered between the hours of 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
We hope that we will be able to resume normal operations soon. Please contact our Customer Relations office at 212.382.6663 with any questions. We apologies for any inconvenience.
Please stay safe.
Are you a solo practitioner who needs a virtual law office? Do you already pay for a virtual office but attend City Bar networking events, use the City Bar library for research and meet clients in the Small Law Firm Center Conference Rooms in our prestigious landmark building? Are you a law firm that would like a Midtown Manhattan Office presence?
As a member, you may already participate in our committees, attend our luncheons, CLEs and networking events, and take part in our Legal Referral Service and Mentorship programs.
Now you can complete the picture by having a virtual office at your New York City Bar home as well. The City Bar is uniquely positioned to offer its members so much more than just a “mail drop” or a street address.
The Virtual Law Firm Program at the New York City Bar
The NYC Small Law Firm Center offers a valuable service to members through its Virtual Law Firm Program. For $75 per month in addition to your regular membership dues, you can:
- Provide your clients with your personal Manhattan address:
"The Law Firm of John Smith, 43 West 43rd Street, Suite XXX, NY NY ."
- Mail Acceptance Policy: Your mail and deliveries will be collected and retained for your pickup in a secure location and can be retrieved by you Monday-Friday during the Library's open hours (Mon-Fri – 9:30 am – 4:30 pm). In addition, The New York City Bar will not accept any items exceeding 10 lbs. in weight, 18” in any dimension, 1 cubic foot in volume or if it contains any dangerous, live or perishable goods and shall be entitled in its absolute discretion to return any uncollected items or refuse to accept any items or quantity of items it considers unreasonable or unlawful. Items of larger size will only be accepted upon mutual prior agreement. We will not hold unclaimed mail or packages for longer than 3 months.
- Mail can be forwarded to a domestic address of your choice, excluding PO boxes (shipping charges apply)
- If you sign up and prepay for 1 year in advance, you will receive a $75 discount ($825 instead of $900).
For an additional $840 per year ($70 per month) you can:
- Receive your own exclusive (212) phone number;
- Have your phone calls answered in the name of your Law Firm, based on the script you provide;
- Have the benefit of live answering service Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.;
- Have your own voicemail box set up to receive calls after-hours and on weekends and holidays;
- Have all messages emailed or texted to you (the choice is yours) by the live answering service and voicemail box (if received after-hours); and
- Include patching for an additional fee of $60 per year ($5.00 per month) and calls will be connected and transferred to you at the number you provide.
By joining the Virtual Law Firm Program (VLFP) and participating in any or all of its services, the New York City Bar Association provides no guarantee that a non-resident attorney’s use of VLFP satisfies the office requirement of New York Judiciary Law Section 470. Please make sure to independently consult relevant case law and ethics opinions, some of which contain fact-specific rulings about the use of the VLFP.