The City Bar’s building, library and office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., except for scheduled events, programs and meetings.
Benefits for Solo and Small Law Firm Members
The New York City Bar Association is committed to the solo and small law firm community.
Please visit our general member benefits page for a full list of benefits. Here are some of our benefits for the Solo and Small Law Firm Members:
Connect with the Small Law Firm Center
Solo and Small Law Firm Members can receive coaching on any aspect of their business at no cost. Please contact Eve Guillergan at email@example.com for an appointment.
Virtual Law Firm
Members can provide clients with a Manhattan address and have all mail and deliveries collected at the City Bar building for an additional fee. Mail can be picked up during regular library hours or have it forwarded for a small fee. You can save $75 when you sign up for the year. Information about the Virtual Law Firm is here.
We also offer a valuable phone service add-on that provides a local phone number and a person answering the phone, identifying it as your law firm.
And don't forget about year-round member benefits, including:
- Access to the City Bar Library and free legal research resources
- Access to free legal research from your home or office (call our Customer Relations department at 212-382-6663 for information about what remote services are available during the pandemic). Information about Fastcase is here.
- Free Attorney Conference Rooms and Workspace
- Opportunity to apply to serve one of over 150 committees
- Client development opportunities through the Legal Referral Service and Career Support & Opportunitiesthrough the online Career Center, Free Member Postings, and the Career Counselor Referral Program.
- Lawyer Assistance Program.
- Member pricing for all CLE coursesand additional discounts for those in firms with fewer than 25 attorneys. Learn more about our Select CLE options including the Select Solo CLE Program.
- Members-only blogging on NYCBar Insights
- Opportunities to connect with fellow members using the members-only directory
- Free posting for members to advertise available office space. Small Vendor Program
- Discounts on:
- Legal practice management software solutions with PCLaw | Time Matters and LEAP
- Secure online credit card processing with LawPay
- Simplified legal accounting with TrustBooks
- Insurance programs designed specifically for City Bar members
- Car rentals from Avis and Budget
- UPS shipping
- New York Law Journal subscriptions
- New York Knicks & New York Rangers Tickets
- and more!