CLE Programs – Discounts and Free Programs for Members
The City Bar offers 150 live CLE courses annually with member discounts of up to 35% off regular rates. Select programs also offer special pricing for small law firm members.
Programs range from 1 1/2 hours to full day; and are also available as live webcasts and on-demand programs.
Free CLE Programs for Members
Tuesday, June 25, 2019 | 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
CLE Credit: New York: 1.5 Total: 0.5 Professional Practice, 1.0 Diversity, Inclusion and Elimination of Bias New Jersey: 1.8 General California: 1.5 General Pennsylvania: 1.5 General
Discounts on CLE Programs for Members
- Members who are recent law graduates (not yet admitted), newly admitted attorneys (admitted 2016 - 2018), in-house/corporate counsel, work in government, academia, and non-profit, judges (or work for one) can attend any CLE programs that are 4 hours or less for free, as part of their membership.
- A 50% discount will be granted to attorneys working for government agencies, public interest groups, full-time students and full-time academics.
- A 20% discount off of member and non-member prices is available for firms and corporations that register 4 or more people for the same program or group webcast.
Discounts for Small Law Firms and Solo Practitioners
- Many of our CLE programs have special pricing for small law firm practitioners.
- Select Solo CLE - solo practitioners get unlimited access to our CLE programs 4 hours or less for a flat fee of $399, includes live programs, live webcasts and on-demand programs. Please contact Customer Relations for more information and to sign up.
- Select CLE - members (outside of solo practitioners) get unlimited access to our CLE programs 4 hours or less for a flat fee of $499, includes live programs, live webcasts and on-demand programs.
Discounts for Association Committees
Committee Members who are sponsoring a program are eligible for a 50% discount off the member rate.
The City Bar offers a unique passport program which allows firms to choose from a wide variety of the City Bar’s continuing legal education (CLE) programs at a discounted rate. A flat fee is paid up front for the duration of the agreement and attorneys are able to attend unlimited* CLE programs. CLE programs are held in person at the NYC Bar Association building, and most programs are also available as live webcasts and on-demand programs. To learn more, click here.
* Passport firms will receive 2 free passes to the Institutes; additional passes will be given out if available (only applicable for firms with 25 or more attorneys). The City Bar’s 4-Day Basic Mediation and 3-Day Advanced Commercial Mediation programs will be offered at a 20% discount off Member rates (due to the fact that attendance is limited to 48 participants). The Professional Development Workshop Series is not part of the Passport program.