We are experiencing intermittent issues with phone and internet service, and Verizon is working on fixing it. / The City Bar’s building is open on a limited, appointment-only basis. To schedule a visit, and for the latest on how the City Bar is responding to the coronavirus, click here.
Free and Discounted Programs for Members
The City Bar offers hundreds of free and discounted programs to members, including over 150 live CLE courses annually with member discounts of up to 35% off regular rates. Select programs also offer special pricing for small law firm members.
Our CLE programs range from 1 1/2 hours to full day, and are available as live webcasts and on-demand programs.
For a full list of free CLE programs, free events, and discounted CLE options for members, see below. Our main upcoming events calendar can be found here.
Not a member? Join the City Bar today.
Free CLE Programs for Members
Women in the Law
Friday, September 25, 2020 | 8:45 am - 4:45 pm
NY CLE Credits: 7.0 Total: 4.5 Professional Practice, 2.5 Diversity, Inclusion and Elimination of Bias
- Members who are recent law graduates (not yet admitted), newly admitted attorneys (admitted 2018 - 2020), in-house/corporate counsel, work in government, academia, and non-profit, judges (or work for one) can attend any CLE programs that are 4 hours or less for free, as part of their membership.
- A 20% discount off of member and non-member prices is available for firms and corporations that register 4 or more people for the same program or group webcast.
Free Events for Members
Rule of Law Forum – Preserving the Rule of Law in an Age of Disruption
Session 2: Checks, Balances and Oversight -- the Distribution of Governmental Power and Information
Tuesday, September 22 | 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Fostering Mental Health for Ourselves, Our Families, and Our Colleagues Through Challenging Times
September 23, 2020 | 12:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 | 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Thursday, September 24, 2020 | 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Friday, September 25, 2020 | 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Friday, September 25, 2020 | 1:30 pm - 1:50 pm
September 29 and October 1 | 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Attendance to both days of the program is mandatory.
Wednesday, September 30, 2020 | 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 | 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 1 , 2020 | 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Friday, October 2nd, 2020 | 1:30 pm - 1:50 pm
Monday, October 5, 2020 | 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m
Wednesday, October 7, 2020 | 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 8 | 11:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m.
Friday, October 9, 2020 | 1:30 pm - 1:50 pm
CLE Discounts for Small Law Firms and Solo Practitioners
- Many of our CLE programs have special pricing for small law firm practitioners.
- Select Solo CLE - solo practitioners get unlimited access to our CLE programs 4 hours or less for a flat fee of $399, includes live programs, live webcasts and on-demand programs. Please contact Customer Relations for more information and to sign up.
- Select CLE - members (outside of solo practitioners) get unlimited access to our CLE programs 4 hours or less for a flat fee of $499, includes live programs, live webcasts and on-demand programs.
CLE Discounts for Association Committees
Committee Members who are sponsoring a program are eligible for a 50% discount off the member rate.
CLE Financial Scholarships
The City Bar offers a unique passport program that allows firms to choose from a wide variety of the City Bar’s continuing legal education (CLE) programs at a discounted rate. A flat fee is paid upfront for the duration of the agreement and attorneys are able to attend unlimited* CLE programs. CLE programs are held in person at the NYC Bar Association building, and most programs are also available as live webcasts and on-demand programs. To learn more, click here.
* Passport firms will receive 2 free passes to the Institutes; additional passes will be given out if available (only applicable for firms with 25 or more attorneys). The City Bar’s 4-Day Basic Mediation and 3-Day Advanced Commercial Mediation programs will be offered at a 20% discount off Member rates (due to the fact that attendance is limited to 48 participants). The Professional Development Workshop Series is not part of the Passport program.