On Friday, April 19, the City Bar will close at 2:00 p.m. in observance of Good Friday and Passover.
CLE Programs – Discounts and Free Programs for Members
The City Bar offers 150 live CLE courses annually with member discounts of up to 35% off regular rates. Select programs also offer special pricing for small law firm members.
Programs range from 1 1/2 hours to full day; and are also available as live webcasts and on-demand programs.
Free CLE Programs for Members
Friday May 3, 2019 | 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. | Reception and Book Signing: 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
NY CLE Credit: 2.0 Total: 1.0 Ethics & 1.0 Diversity, Inclusion and Elimination of Bias
Tuesday, May 28, 2019 | 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
CLE Credit: New York: 2.0 Professional Practice
Tuesday, June 4, 2019 | 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
CLE Credit: New York: 3.0 Professional Practice
Tuesday, June 25, 2019 | 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
CLE Credit: New York: 1.5 Total: 0.5 Professional Practice, 1.0 Diversity, Inclusion and Elimination of Bias New Jersey: 1.8 General California: 1.5 General Pennsylvania: 1.5 General
2019 Professional Development Workshop Series
This annual series provides attorneys with critical training to help them succeed as they transition into more senior roles and is free to City Bar members as well as attorneys from sponsoring firms.
Thursday, May 16, 2019 | 9:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
NY CLE Credit: 2.0 Ethics
Discounts on CLE Programs for Members
- Members who are recent law graduates (not yet admitted), newly admitted attorneys (admitted 2016 - 2018), in-house/corporate counsel, work in government, academia, and non-profit, judges (or work for one) can attend any CLE programs that are 4 hours or less for free, as part of their membership.
- A 50% discount will be granted to attorneys working for government agencies, public interest groups, full-time students and full-time academics.
- A 20% discount off of member and non-member prices is available for firms and corporations that register 4 or more people for the same program or group webcast.
Discounts for Small Law Firms and Solo Practitioners
- Many of our CLE programs have special pricing for small law firm practitioners.
- Select Solo CLE - solo practitioners get unlimited access to our CLE programs 4 hours or less for a flat fee of $399, includes live programs, live webcasts and on-demand programs. Please contact Customer Relations for more information and to sign up.
- Select CLE - members (outside of solo practitioners) get unlimited access to our CLE programs 4 hours or less for a flat fee of $499, includes live programs, live webcasts and on-demand programs.
Discounts for Association Committees
Committee Members who are sponsoring a program are eligible for a 50% discount off the member rate.
The City Bar offers a unique passport program which allows firms to choose from a wide variety of the City Bar’s continuing legal education (CLE) programs at a discounted rate. A flat fee is paid up front for the duration of the agreement and attorneys are able to attend unlimited* CLE programs. CLE programs are held in person at the NYC Bar Association building, and most programs are also available as live webcasts and on-demand programs. To learn more, click here.
* Passport firms will receive 2 free passes to the Institutes; additional passes will be given out if available (only applicable for firms with 25 or more attorneys). The City Bar’s 4-Day Basic Mediation and 3-Day Advanced Commercial Mediation programs will be offered at a 20% discount off Member rates (due to the fact that attendance is limited to 48 participants). The Professional Development Workshop Series is not part of the Passport program.