The library will be closed on Thursday, November 29. However, the library’s computer work stations will be available that day in the Kaye Room. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Join a Committee
Welcome – Join the New York City Bar Association and Discover the Benefits of Membership.
- Advance Your Professional Goals
- Fulfill Your Personal Interests
- Serve the Public Good
Join a diverse network of over 24,000 colleagues—in private practice, public service, the judiciary, government, academia, in-house, and law school—who share membership and expand your personal and professional horizon. By becoming a member today, you help to shape the future of the profession as a critical link in one of its most influential organizations.
- The Association’s 160 committees work to reform the law, improve the administration of justice and shape public policy on the local, state, national and international levels.
- The City Bar's members-only library is the largest member-funded law library in the country, and provides a gateway to online services, while continuing to provide more traditional library services.
- The Legal Referral Service, jointly sponsored by the Association and the New York County Lawyers' Association, provides the public with referrals to experienced, vetted, insured and approved lawyers. The public can submit a request at www.citybarlegalreferral.org or call 212-626-7373 to speak to a qualified Attorney Counselor.
- The City Bar Justice Center identifies the most pressing legal concerns of New York's neediest and uses novel approaches to address them, often involving community participation.
Membership in the New York City Bar Association offers a world of professional opportunity and many member benefits.