The City Bar will close at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, May 27, and will be closed on Monday, May 30, in observance of Memorial Day.
City Bar Central
City Bar Central
City Bar Central is an online community for City Bar members. Here, committees have private groups where they can continue their dialogue from meeting to meeting, share files, and create and edit reports. Members can also join the conversation online in the Open Forums, discussion areas open to all City Bar members.
Conduct in the Communities
Please be mindful of the following:
- Post only information that you are comfortable with others seeing — and knowing — about you.
- Do not post material that:
- Is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, slanderous, obscene or sexually explicit, defamatory, libelous, or that violates anyone’s privacy or publicity rights;
- Discriminates against, degrades or intimidates an individual or group on the basis of sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, race, color, religion, ethnicity, country of origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic predisposition, carrier status or other characteristic protected by law;
- Is false, deceptive, misleading or deceitful; or
- Is not relevant to the subject matter of the site.
- No selling, solicitation, advertising, or promotion of products or services is permitted in the Communities. However, you may link to your own personal or firm website or blog.
- Be mindful of complying with all statutory prescriptions, legal restrictions and obligations governing professional conduct including those regulating communication, advertising, confidential information of clients and the privacy of individuals.
Handling Intellectual Property
Follow copyright and fair use laws. Always give proper credit. It is standard practice toquote a couple or a few sentences along with a link to others’ work, along with attribution. Be mindful of more extensive use of others’ work. In no circumstances should others’ workbe reproduced in its entirety on City Bar-related sites without permission. When in doubt asto the proprietary nature of the material, do not use it. Recognize the potential professionaland legal consequences of any failure to follow applicable laws governing the use of others’materials. When in doubt ask the Director of Communications or the City Bar General Counsel.
Reporting Inappropriate Conduct
If there is an issue you’d like to report, flag the content or action, send a message to Lauren Axelrod, General Counsel – firstname.lastname@example.org; or Eric Friedman, Director of Communications – email@example.com. Please note that while the New York City Bar Association (the City Bar) has no obligation to delete content that you find personally objectionable or offensive, we will do our best to address any problems that may arise. When there is a violation of our guidelines below, we may:
- Provide a warning to the offender;
- Delete some or all of the content;
- Temporarily or permanently terminate the offending member’s account (we don’t want to, so don’t make us).
Things to Remember
The City Bar is not responsible for the content provided by users on the Communities site and the content provided by users is their opinion and not that of the City Bar.
- The community forum for each committee is accessible only to members of that committee and City Bar administrators.
- Our guidelines may evolve over time and we reserve the right to modify or change these guidelines without notice.
Thanks for joining us!