New Real Property Articles
We’ve added 6 new articles on real property issues. Learn about:
- Ownership Rights – an overview of rights that go along with ownership of real property, including possession, control, use, and privacy; surface rights; and development rights.
- Restrictions on Ownership Rights – an overview of the limitations on the use of real property imposed by laws such as zoning, common, and environmental laws.
- Restrictions on Transferring Real Property – how Fair Housing and Human Rights laws may limit ownership rights to real property.
- Restrictions on Right to Exclude Others from Real Property – how easements, eminent domain, licenses and other private agreements may restrict the use and exclusion of certain parties from your property.
- Financial Encumbrances – Liens – how certain financial encumbrances, such as mortgage liens, judgment liens, tax liens, etc. may restrict or limit the right to transfer real property.
- Other Restrictions on Use of Real Property – how laws regarding zoning, nuisances, and environmental protection may limit the use of real property.
November 14, 2017