Originally held on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 | 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
If you are an employment law practitioner, in-house counsel or advise employers or employees on workplace-related matters and HR professionals, you cannot afford to missthis program.
An expert panel will cover numerous legal issues and challenges that arise when an employee is to be dismissed.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Best practices for the termination process
- Tips and strategic considerations for drafting effective releases and severance agreements
- Enforcement of non-competes and other post-employment obligations
- The various causes of action terminated employees may consider or assert, with a particular emphasis on recent developments in wrongful termination law
OnDemand: $149 for Members | $249 for Nonmembers
Members who are Recent Law Graduates, Newly Admitted Lawyers (2016-2018), Judges (and their staff), or attorneys that practice within the Government, Academic or Not-for-Profit sectors attend this program for free.
Dorf & Nelson LLP
Mark J. Goldberg
Loeb & Loeb LLP
Senior Vice President, Corporate Human Resources
George B. Schwab
Kraus & Zuchlewski LLP
6:00 p.m. – 6:05 p.m. Introduction 6:05 p.m. – 6:40 p.m. Potential Legal Challenges to an Employee Termination, Including:
- Contractual Claims
- Discrimination Claims
- Retaliation Claims
- Miscellaneous Other Claims
6:40 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Best Practices for the Termination Process 7:30 p.m. – 7:40 p.m. Break 7:40 p.m. – 8:05 p.m. Potential Legal Challenges to Group Layoffs and Reductions in Force, Including:
- New York State and Federal WARN Act Considerations
- Special Considerations and Best Practices
8:05 p.m. – 8:50 p.m. Crafting Effective Releases and Severance Agreements 8:50 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Q & A
NY: 3.0 Professional Practice
NJ: 3.3 General
PA: 2.5 General
Sponsoring Association Committee: Labor & Employment Law Committee | Katherine A. Greenberg, Chair
Sponsorship Opportunities are Available! Please Contact:
Angie Avila, Membership Outreach and Sponsorships Manager | (212) 382-6608 | email@example.com