As part of New York City’s Key to NYC program, all visitors to the New York City Bar (as well as staff in the building) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, and for the latest on how the City Bar is addressing the pandemic, click here.
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Person (Handyman/Handywoman) Commercial Building
DEPARTMENT: Building Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Building Operations department maintains and operates a 60,000 square foot landmark building in midtown Manhattan.
Be part of the Building Operations team and handle numerous maintenance and repair responsibilities of a landmark building in mid-town Manhattan. Need to be skilled at fixing and maintaining many items in the building and office spaces.
GENERAL WORK HOURS
Monday – Friday - 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (may include, but are not limited to):
- Plaster and paint sheetrock and plaster walls
- Repair and refinish wood office furniture
- Perform general electrical repairs and wiring
- Perform locksmith and repair duties
- Make plumbing repairs and replace plumbing fixtures
- Repair building cleaning equipment
- Make repairs to office lamps, receptacles and power cords
- Maintain handyman workshop area in a clean and workman like manner
- Advise the building manager of any future potential major problems
- Work with the porters as needed in setups when time allows
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Must be skilled in a wide range of repairs
- Must have solid knowledge of all aspects of building maintenance
- Must be able to use good judgment in how to appropriately make repairs
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work independently and remain motivated
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility to work additional hours, when needed
- Ability to communicate clearly in English is necessary for the safe and effective performance of this role
This is a Union position; pay, benefits and other employment terms and conditions are determined by the contract.
Candidates for this position must be available to work in the office and must be fully vaccinated prior to starting job.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter explaining your interest along with resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Handyperson in the subject line.
We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity. It is the policy of the Organization to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity and sexual harassment), sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, pregnancy, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, religion, sex, genetic information, military status, unemployment status or any other characteristic as protected by law. With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related laws, we will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for persons due to their religious beliefs; disability; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; or because the individual was a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking.