As part of New York City’s Key to NYC program, all visitors to the New York City Bar (as well as staff in the building) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, and for the latest on how the City Bar is addressing the pandemic, click here.
Job Opening: Program Coordinator - CLE
Position: Program Coordinator – CLE (Continuing Legal Education)
Reports to: Associate Director, Customer Relations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The New York City Bar Association (City Bar), founded in 1870, is a voluntary association of lawyers and law students. The City Bar’s mission is to equip and mobilize the legal profession to practice with excellence, promote reform of the law, and uphold the rule of law and access to justice in support of a fair society and the public interest in our community, our nation, and throughout the world.
The Program Department offers various types of programs for attorneys to update and continue their education in the law as well as earn required CLE credit. In addition to the approximately 130 discrete live programs, we offer live webcasts, online/on demand programs and DVDs/CDs.
The Program Department is committed to providing quality, timely and relevant programs to both newly admitted and experienced attorneys to serve the Bar’s members and the Bar-at-large. The excellent quality of the programs is on the level of long-standing organizations whose sole business purpose is CLE. In addition to New York, we are accredited in the States of California, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Assist with the coordination of CLE programs.
Some areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Assist staff attorneys with all the aspects of program coordination, including:
- Coordinate program preparation sessions and provide administrative and programmatic support for online programs including webcasts and webinars
- Communicating and serving as liaison with program faculty and on-line providers; sending marketing materials to faculty/on-line providers and assist for program preparation
- Confirming faculty information is accurate and updated
- Setting deadlines for course materials and following up as needed
- Obtaining copyright permission for articles submitted as necessary
- Assisting in proofing, organizing and sending materials for reproduction
- Handling faculty RSVPs for faculty meetings and lunches
- Acting as a liaison to Meeting Services, to ensure food, beverage and A/V needs are properly provided at programs
- Assist with all aspects of customer service at programs, including setting up the registration desk, processing walk-in registrations, monitoring webcast links for participant questions and technical issues, distributing CLE certificates, ensuring that attendees and faculty members sign in/out and ensuring that the rooms are properly set up
- Process requests for financial scholarships to programs
- Take on additional responsibilities/special projects as needed
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Associate level degree or higher, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 months of work experience (internships acceptable)
- Strong data entry and general computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent proofreading and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must have a proactive approach, be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Need to have strong time management skills and successfully prioritize workload
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service
- Can successfully work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently
- Must be flexible to work evening hours and early mornings, as needed for programs held before and after general work hours
The City Bar is currently working mostly remotely but expects a gradual return of staff to the City Bar building in midtown Manhattan over the course of this summer; candidates for this position must be available for in-person work at our office by September.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
Starting salary for this role is $40,000 (annualized) based on a 35 hour work week. We provide a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off (vacation, personal, sick time, holidays, day off for volunteer work), choice of medical plans (some offered at no charge to employee), dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, commuter benefits program, Employee Assistance Program, short-term/long-term disability insurance, employee discounts, and more!
The City Bar’s policy requires employees to be fully vaccinated before entering the building.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter explaining your interest along with resume via e-mail to CLEJobs@nycbar.org and include Program Coordinator-CLE in the subject line.
We encourage diverse candidates to apply. It is the policy of the Organization to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity and sexual harassment), sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, pregnancy, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, religion, sex, genetic information, military status, unemployment status or any other characteristic as protected by law. With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related laws, we will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for persons due to their religious beliefs; disability; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; or because the individual was a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking.