For safety reasons, our 44th street sidewalk wheelchair lift has been taken out of service until further notice, due to an unforeseen mechanical problem. Please use our alternate ADA access located at 36 west 44th street or call 212-382-6694 for assistance.
Job Opening: Membership & Marketing Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Membership & Marketing Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Membership & Marketing
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager of Membership & Marketing
The Membership/Marketing Department oversees the relationship with the New York City Bar Association’s 24,000 members and handles all strategic marketing efforts for maintaining and growing membership. Additionally, the department promotes the work of other departments including Lawyer Referral Service (LRS), Continuing Legal Education (CLE), and the Small Law Firm Center, leading to higher revenue through increased clients, higher program attendance, and sponsorship revenue. The department is responsible for all member benefit relationships and sponsorships. Marketing & Membership is responsible for securing and maintaining strong relationships with both the law school community and law firms (professional development directors and recruiters). Annual discussion forums are held for each of these groups, which lead to valuable insights into the legal community and encourages membership and support for the Association.
The Membership & Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting and implementing the marketing strategies developed to increase membership, promote programs, increase registration, and sponsorship sales. Additionally, the Membership & Marketing Coordinator will support efforts to promote and grow other Association events, programs, and services, including our online communities.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Administratively support and coordinate the marketing campaigns, plans, and programs that result in membership recruitment, growth, retention, and a superior level of member service, as well as any activities required for our online communities.
- Work closely with the Manager of Membership & Marketing to coordinate our outreach with law schools, including law school visits, Student Ambassador Program, annual Law School Discussion Forums, and event sponsorship including invoicing of school sponsors.
- Assist in the execution, coordination, and provide support of networking events for young attorneys.
- Coordinate and assist in the production and implementation of additional programs and events.
- Provide outreach to potential advertisers and coordinate advertising and sponsorship sales, achieving set goals and growing revenue and partnerships.
- Post updates and maintain City Bar Central, the online community for committees and members.
- Data entry while adhering to set database rules.
- Provide communication of new member information.
- Prepare prospect lists and promotional materials for monthly mailings.
- Prepare and update membership marketing materials.
- Represent the Association at Bar-related functions.
- Add programs and make necessary updates and changes to website for membership and marketing.
- Provide sales and administrative support and coordination of the member benefit programs and affinity relationships.
- Take notes and provide a written transcript of discussion forums held with Professional Development Directors, Law School Career Services staff and Law Firm Recruiters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- 4 year degree, preferably Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
- A high level of emotional intelligence, collaborative style, and proven team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, solid judgment
- Excellent attention to detail when proofing web, online and print materials
- Self-motivated and able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Knowledge of iMIS, Keystone and Wordpress a plus
We provide a generous benefits package.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter including salary expectations and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Marketing & Membership Coordinator in the subject line.
It is the policy of the NYC Bar to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity and sexual harassment), sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, pregnancy, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, religion, sex, genetic information, military status, unemployment status or any other characteristic as protected by law. The NYC Bar prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment. With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related laws, the NYC Bar will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.