Job Opening: Library Assistant - Part Time
POSITION TITLE: Library Assistant – Part-time (16-19 hours/week)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Library Services
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Shelving and retrieval of library books
- Shifting of library stacks area
- Phone coverage
- Photocopying of materials for members
- Opening and distribution of library mail
- Some college education
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Availability to work Mondays – Thursdays 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (a little flexibility with the times may be possible)
It is the policy of the NYC Bar to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity and sexual harassment), sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, pregnancy, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, religion, sex, genetic information, military status, unemployment status or any other characteristic as protected by law. The NYC Bar prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment. With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related laws, the NYC Bar will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com and include Library Assistant in the subject line.