The City Bar’s building is open on a limited basis, with access expected to increase gradually over the coming weeks and months. For the current building schedule, and for the latest on how the City Bar is addressing the pandemic, click here.
Job Opening: Digital Marketing & Design Coordinator
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Digital Marketing & Design Coordinator
POSITION REPORTS TO: Sr. Director Membership & Customer Relations
FLSA STATUS: Non- Exempt
The New York City Bar Association (City Bar), founded in 1870, is a voluntary association of lawyers and law students. The City Bar’s mission is to equip and mobilize the legal profession to practice with excellence, promote reform of the law, and uphold the rule of law and access to justice in support of a fair society and the public interest in our community, our nation, and throughout the world.
The Membership and Marketing Department develops and implements, in cooperation with other departments, marketing and advertising strategies which promote membership in the Association, awareness and growth in the various Association programs including Continuing Legal Education and the Legal Referral Service.
Manage and design marketing and promotional assets for CLE programs and coordinate timing of printed brochures, email marketing campaigns and digital assets, including html pages and banner ads (social media, City Bar website, print publications, monitors, etc.). Work on creative for other departments as required.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Design and layout brochures, calendars, catalogs, posters, banners, PPTS, banner ads, print ads, HTML templates and pages and other marketing material.
- Maintain program charts, create and maintain production schedule.
- Maintain City Bar website with updated content and create HTML pages to promote CLE programs.
- Proofread carefully to ensure accuracy and consistency of materials in multiple locations (website, program charts, html, etc.)
- Create list segments from database and through email service provider, send marketing emails for CLE programs.
- Analyze social media campaigns across various platforms using social media tools.
- Ensure marketing and distribution schedules are kept. Keep track of when jobs are sent to printer and when they are received in the mail.
- Act as liaison with printers and other vendors to CLE and marketing departments, including providing specifications and analyzing bids.
- Monitor creative and postage expenses.
- Work with marketing on other banners, emails, ads, as needed.
- Take on additional responsibilities/special projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Associate level degree or higher, or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of digital graphic design experience
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and adhere to deadlines
- Strong graphic design skills including proficiency with design software and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator), and Canva; proficiency with HTML and CSS; proficiency with social media tools such as HootSuite, Sprout Social, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid judgment and decision making skills
- Excellent proofreading abilities
- Work effectively in a collaborative environment
The City Bar is currently working mostly remotely but expects a gradual return of staff to the City Bar building in midtown Manhattan over the course of this summer; candidates for this position must be available for in-person work at our office by September. Hybrid work arrangements (some work in-office and some work remote) may be considered.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
Starting salary for this role is $46,000+ (annualized) based on experience and a 35 hour work week. We provide a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off (vacation, personal, sick time, holidays, day off for volunteer work), choice of medical plans (some offered at no charge to employee), dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, commuter benefits program, Employee Assistance Program, short-term/long-term disability insurance, employee discounts, and more!
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter explaining your interest along with resume and salary expectations via e-mail to email@example.com and include Digital Marketing & Design Coordinator in the subject line.
We encourage diverse candidates to apply. It is the policy of the Organization to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity and sexual harassment), sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, pregnancy, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, religion, sex, genetic information, military status, unemployment status or any other characteristic as protected by law. With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related laws, the City Bar will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.