The City Bar will be closed on Monday, February 18, in observance of Presidents’ Day.
Job Opening: A/V Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: A/V Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: A/V Department
POSITION REPORTS TO: ITS Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The New York City Bar Association (City Bar), founded in 1870, is a voluntary association of lawyers and law students. The City Bar’s mission is to equip and mobilize the legal profession to practice with excellence, promote reform of the law, and uphold the rule of law and access to justice in support of a fair society and the public interest in our community, our nation, and throughout the world.
The New York City Bar Association produces various types of programs, events and meetings, including those hosted by our Committees or by the City Bar Center for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) for attorneys to continue their education in the law, as well as a variety of outside groups who may rent our facility. Many of our programs require A/V assistance, including appropriate microphone and podium set-up, and laptops and screens for PowerPoint presentations. Many of the events are audio and/or video recorded and some are webcast, and there are teleconferences and web conferences occasionally.
Coordinate the A/V needs for all events at the New York City Bar Association.
Some areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate A/V needs for events, programs and other City Bar meetings, including:
- Room A/V set-up as required by event and program hosts
- Provide technical assistance during events and programs
- Work with Meeting Services Department, CLE Department and others to identify and plan for A/V needs; and
- Coordinate with the outside A/V vendor and webcast partners for CLE programs
- Videotape events
- Edit video and audio
- Flexibility to work some early mornings and evenings in connection with events and programs
- Take on additional responsibilities/special projects as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma required. College degree preferred
- Proficient with A/V equipment including projectors, microphones, cameras
- Advanced editing skills and experience preferred
- Customer service-oriented and ability to work well with others
- Work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent troubleshooting skills under high stress situations; strong multi-tasking ability
- Must be able to complete assigned projects utilizing highly-developed communication, project management and time management skills
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter with resume and salary expectations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include A/V Coordinator in the subject line.
It is the policy of the NYC Bar to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity and sexual harassment), sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, pregnancy, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, religion, sex, genetic information, military status, unemployment status or any other characteristic as protected by law. The NYC Bar prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment. With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related laws, the NYC Bar will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.