The library will be closed on Thursday, November 29. However, the library’s computer work stations will be available that day in the Kaye Room. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Job Listing: Staff Accountant
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
POSITION REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of Financial Reporting
Role provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; prepares financial statements.
Job Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization’s mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. in Accounting
- Minimum 2 Years of Relevant Experience
- Knowledgeable in SFAS Rules
- High standards in work quality
- Non-Profit Experience a plus
- Strong Reporting Skills
- Detail-oriented, adherence to deadlines and strong time management skills
- Proper handling of confidential materials
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- PC Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains experience preferred
- Proficient with general math skills
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter including salary expectations and resume via e-mail to email@example.com and include Staff Accountant in the subject line.
It is the policy of the Organization to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity and sexual harassment), sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, pregnancy, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, religion, sex, genetic information, military status, unemployment status or any other characteristic as protected by law. With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related laws, the Organization will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.