On Friday, April 19, the City Bar will close at 2:00 p.m. in observance of Good Friday and Passover.
Job Listing: Small Law Firm Center Manager
Title: Small Law Firm Center Manager
Reports To: Senior Director of Program and Committee Engagement
Would you enjoy developing and executing strategies to assist small law firms and solo practitioners with educational programming, networking opportunities and communication materials (website, social media, newsletters, email, etc.)? Would you like to be a resource for members of the New York City Bar Association who are in solo practice or small law firms? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you!
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Develop and produce 4 – 6 CLE (and non-CLE) programs annually to satisfy the needs of attorneys in small law firms or solo practice. Programming must be timely and relevant to both solo and small firm attorneys and to new and seasoned practitioners.
- Oversee and assist in the planning of the Annual Small Law Firm Symposium, including outreach to vendors and sponsors, preparing marketing materials, research and reaching out to appropriate speakers as well as working with other City Bar Departments to assure the success of the Symposium.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong business relationships; organize and oversee Small Firm Mentoring Circles.
- Manage the production of enewsletter to Small Firm community including soliciting articles from member benefit companies and the Small Law Firm Committee.
- Foster collaborative partnerships and work closely with the Small Law Firm Committee and others to assess the needs of the small firm and solo community; help implement new projects with an eye toward attracting and retaining members. Provide excellent experiences to the Committee and members.
- Maintain and update the Small Law Firm Center web presence as well as the online community in City Bar Central.
- Help identify new technology and tools for the small firm practitioner and find ways the City Bar can better assist solo and small firm practitioners.
- Be able to work some early mornings and some evenings in connection with programming.
- Take on additional responsibilities or special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 4 years work experience in a law firm, professional services environment or an association
- JD or paralegal work experience a plus
- Understanding of the legal field preferred
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Strong writing, presentation, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills essential
- Must be able to multi-task, edit, and be detail-oriented
- Proven strategic abilities
- Need to be able to work independently and collaboratively as a team player
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
Please include a cover letter with resume and salary expectations via email to email@example.com and list SLF Manager in the subject line.
It is the policy of the NYC Bar to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity and sexual harassment), sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, pregnancy, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, religion, sex, genetic information, military status, unemployment status or any other characteristic as protected by law. The NYC Bar prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment. With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related laws, the NYC Bar will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.