Job Listing: Manager of Membership & Events
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Membership (& Events)
DEPARTMENT: Membership & Marketing
POSITION REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Membership & Customer Relations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Membership and Marketing Department develops and implements, in cooperation with other departments, marketing and advertising strategies which promote membership in the Association, awareness and growth in the various Association programs including Continuing Legal Education and the Legal Referral Service.
Work closely with the Sr. Director of Membership & Customer Relations to maintain and grow the services provided to our 24,000+ members, and create and execute strategies related to the retention and recruitment of members. Additionally, this role will work on planning events and collaborating with other departments and committees to promote and grow other Association events, programs, and services.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Provide input and assist with the implementation of strategies, plans and programs that result in membership recruitment, growth, retention, and a superior level of member service.
- Work closely with the Sr. Director to identify areas and opportunities for growth.
- Oversee the City Bar’s relationships with law schools, including oversight of the law school visits, Student Ambassador Program, annual Law School Discussion Forums, and event sponsorship.
- Plan, execute, and promote the Lawyers Connect First Thursdays Series, networking events for young attorneys, including developing events and sponsorship relationships, managing budgets, working with the New Lawyers Council, and leveraging the events to increase membership.
- Work with the Sr. Director to build relationships with the Professional Development Directors at major law firms including new associate orientation, Annual Professional Development Director Forums and sponsorships, marketing and follow-up for the Annual Professional Development Workshop Series.
- Plan and execute additional programs and events, such as the BootCamp and Summer Series; support and increase sponsorship for CLE programs.
- Manage and create marketing collateral for events with internal designer.
- Work to expand the City Bar’s brand and provide excellent member experiences through social media and the development of online communities.
- Oversee advertising and sponsorship sales, to set goals and grow revenue.
- Increase and develop member benefit programs and affinity relationships; manage the marketing of these programs and relationships of these programs.
- Managing a social media calendar that supports membership initiatives and various Lawyers Connect and PDW events and publishing posts to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Manage a team consisting of the Marketing & Membership Assistant and Coordinator.
- Write copy and pull together information for monthly newsletter geared for newer attorneys that have been practicing for less than 10 years.
Education & Skills
- 4 year degree, preferably Marketing, Communications, or related field; legal field a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years of association (preferred) or professional services experience
- A high level of emotional intelligence, and proven success managing others
- Proven success in event management, from conception to execution, including the ability to multi-task, manage schedules, and create and adhere to budgets.
- Demonstrated track record of growing programs/membership base.
- Experience developing and executing fully integrated marketing campaigns, and the ability to objectively analyze results.
- Excellent writing, presentation, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills essential.
- High attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, exceptional judgment.
- Have an analytical mind and be innately intuitive.
- Computer and social-media savvy; willing to embrace new technology.
- Collaborative, creative and innovative, with a track record of success.
We provide a generous benefits package.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter including salary expectations and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Manager, M&E in the subject line.
It is the policy of the NYC Bar to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity and sexual harassment), sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, pregnancy, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, religion, sex, genetic information, military status, unemployment status or any other characteristic as protected by law. The NYC Bar prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment. With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related laws, the NYC Bar will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.