The City Bar will close at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, August 30, and will be closed on Monday, September 2, for Labor Day.
Job Listing: Committee Associate/Administrative Assistant
POSITION: Committee Associate/Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Programs and Committee Engagement
The New York City Bar Association (City Bar), founded in 1870, is a voluntary association of lawyers and law students with 24,000 members. The City Bar’s mission is to equip and mobilize the legal profession to practice with excellence, promote reform of the law, and uphold the rule of law and access to justice in support of a fair society and the public interest in our community, our nation, and throughout the world.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to, the following):
- Help advance the Association’s mission by supporting the work of the Association’s 150 committees
- Assist with committee membership administration using membership database
- Manage and oversee special programming and events for new lawyers which includes planning, organizing and marketing events, as well as coordinating mentor program
- Assume primary responsibility for special projects, including the coordination of certain annual awards programs and LL.M Reception
- Serve as an administrative liaison between the Association and the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs NGO Branch
- Support Program Department including, management of committee programming, booking programs, reviewing program content and marketing
- Maintain organizational database for tracking programs
- Help maintain social media presence for programs and maintain committee web pages
- Schedule meetings, handle correspondence, conduct research and provide assistance to the Executive Director’s Office
- Provide general administrative support
- Screen and answer phone calls
- Works on various ad hoc projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in an office setting (internships acceptable)
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and database experience; technologically savvy
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong attention to detail, able to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong customer service skills, both on the phone, via email and in person
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in nonprofit organizations
- Flexibility to work some early mornings and evening hours, when required
We provide a generous benefits package.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter including salary expectations and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Committee Associate in the subject line.
It is the policy of the NYC Bar to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity and sexual harassment), sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, pregnancy, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, religion, sex, genetic information, military status, unemployment status or any other characteristic as protected by law. The NYC Bar prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment. With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related laws, the NYC Bar will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.