The City Bar will be closed on Monday, January 20, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Job Listing: Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant – Legal Referral Service
Position Type: Full-Time; 35 hours/week
Department: Legal Referral Service
The New York City Bar Association’s Legal Referral Service (LRS) is in the business of public service. Our staff of attorney referral counselors answer calls and emails from hundreds of New Yorkers every day. We help people determine if they will benefit from working with a lawyer and, if so, refer them to a screened and qualified lawyer. However, sometimes we help people figure out they don’t need a lawyer. In that case, we will refer them to other helpful resources that might be better or more cost-effective.
Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the LRS Executive Director, Marketing Project Manager and additional LRS staff as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Schedule internal and external meetings, room reservations/requirements and catering orders, draft agendas and print/email meeting materials
- Gather data to provide regular reporting on LRS Department (mid-year and year-end) and other general administrative operational needs
- Assist with compiling, organizing, and creating presentations and reports from marketing, research, and database statistics
- Work with Deputy Director to review, approve and calendar staff time off requests; ensure requests adhere to external and internal policies
- Monitor and approve staff timecards; track staff accruals
- Provide administrative support to LRS Committee, including drafting agenda, committee minutes, and attending regular committee and subcommittee meetings
- Assist with marketing and public outreach efforts, including the Request a Speaker Program
- Assist in planning and executing programs and events
- Assist with updating website content
- Draft, proofread, and/or edit communications
- Manage and oversee inventory reporting and office supplies
- Manage and approve invoices; manage vendor accounts/subscriptions
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 1 year administrative experience required, preferably in a professional environment;
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- Self-starter/ ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as collaboratively;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including the ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor, and provide a high level of customer service;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Strong computer skills; Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Basic knowledge of WordPress preferred; and,
- High attention to detail.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter including annual salary expectations and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Administrative Assistant in the subject line.
It is the policy of the NYC Bar to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity and sexual harassment), sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, pregnancy, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, religion, sex, genetic information, military status, unemployment status or any other characteristic as protected by law. The NYC Bar prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment. With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related laws, the NYC Bar will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.