As part of New York City’s Key to NYC program, all visitors to the New York City Bar (as well as staff in the building) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, and for the latest on how the City Bar is addressing the pandemic, click here.
IT Support Technician – temp/part-time
Position: IT Support Technician/Help Desk (Non-profit) – Part-Time Temporary (15 hours/week)
Department: IT Systems
Reports to: Director, IT Systems
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The New York City Bar Association (City Bar), founded in 1870, is a voluntary association of lawyers and law students. The City Bar’s mission is to equip and mobilize the legal profession to practice with excellence, promote reform of the law, and uphold the rule of law and access to justice in support of a fair society and the public interest in our community, our nation, and throughout the world.
This position will be responsible for supporting New York City Bar Association staffs PC-related requirements and supporting local Desktop PCs.
SOME AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
- Provide user support for PC-related needs including support calls, while working independently
- Provides training for staff on PC-related issues and documents the solution for ongoing support
- Serve as general help desk for various computer-related needs
- Functions as part of an implementation team on larger projects responsible for supporting computers, printers and updating of equipment inventory
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 months of relevant work experience (internships acceptable)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic PC troubleshooting (hardware and software)
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 and newer
- Microsoft Windows Networking knowledge
- Basic Printer Troubleshooting
- Need to have strong time management skills and successfully prioritize workload
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Can successfully work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently
Candidates for this position must be available to work in the office and must be fully vaccinated prior to starting job.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
Hourly rate for this role is in the low-mid $20’s based on experience.
We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity. It is the policy of the Organization to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity and sexual harassment), sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, pregnancy, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, religion, sex, genetic information, military status, unemployment status or any other characteristic as protected by law. With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related laws, we will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for persons due to their religious beliefs, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or because the individual was a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking.