As part of New York City’s Key to NYC program, all visitors to the New York City Bar (as well as staff in the building) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, and for the latest on how the City Bar is addressing the pandemic, click here.
A/V Technician – part-time
Position: AV Technician – Non-Profit – Part-Time (15 hours/week)
Department: AV Department
Reports To: Director, IT Systems
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The New York City Bar Association (City Bar), founded in 1870, is a voluntary association of lawyers and law students. The City Bar’s mission is to equip and mobilize the legal profession to practice with excellence, promote reform of the law, and uphold the rule of law and access to justice in support of a fair society and the public interest in our community, our nation, and throughout the world.
This position will be responsible for handling all A/V needs (in-person and remote) for the New York City Bar’s meetings/events/conferences; supporting Audio Video equipment, A/V equipment inventory and A/V setups for meetings and conferences; setting up and hosting zoom meetings and webinars.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
- Provide proper A/V equipment setups for in-person meetings/events/conferences
- Set-up and manage zoom meetings/webinars for all remote needs
- Clear communication with other departments regarding A/V set-ups to plan appropriately
- Record/Stream meetings
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 months of relevant work experience (internships acceptable)
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows
- Understanding of A/V technologies with hands-on experience working with A/V equipment
- Working knowledge of Zoom
- Provide technical support; strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong time management to successfully prioritize workload
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service
- Able to successfully work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently
Candidates for this position must be available to work in the office and must be fully vaccinated prior to starting job.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
Hourly rate for this role is $20-$22.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter explaining your interest along with resume via e-mail to email@example.com and include A/V Technician in the subject line.
We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity. It is the policy of the New York City Bar Association to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity and sexual harassment), sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, pregnancy, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, religion, sex, genetic information, military status, unemployment status or any other characteristic as protected by law. With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related laws, we will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for persons due to their religious beliefs, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or because the individual was a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking.