lrs-header-729x120 Addthis

Attention: open in a new window. PrintE-mail

Judgment of Separation

When people speak of a legal separation they are generally referring to a Judgment of Separation or living apart under the terms of a written separation agreement. To obtain a Judgment of Separation you need to start a lawsuit. A Judgment of Separation can be converted into a divorce, if the couple lives separately and apart pursuant to the Judgment of Separation and the party seeking the divorce adheres to all the requirements of the judgment for one year or more.

What are the grounds for Judgment of Separation?

I want to file for a Judgment of Separation:

  • Determine on what grounds you wish to seek a Judgment of Separation.
  • Document the assets you brought to the marriage and have accumulated since the marriage.
  • Consult with an experienced matrimonial, divorce or family lawyer.

During our regular business hours, if you would like an LRS Attorney Counselor to call you, please enter your number below:

lrs soc