New Debt & Debt Collection Articles
We’ve added 12 new articles on debt & debt collection issues. Learn about:
- Debt & Debt Collection — The creation of debts, reporting of debt on credit reports, disputes regarding payment of debts, and the methods of collecting on unpaid debts
- Billing Error Disputes — How to resolve disputes between you and your creditors under the Fair Credit Billing Act.
- Court Actions to Collect Debts — How to answer the summons and complaint when a lawsuit is filed against you, what to expect when you appear in court, and the types of judgments that may be brought against you.
- Debt Collection — What methods of debt collection are prohibited by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and what are the harassing and abusive practices debt collectors cannot use.
- Getting into Debt — How your consumer credit transactions are covered under the Truth in Lending Act.
- Lien, Garnishment & Levy — How the creditor can try to collect on a debt once there is a judgment against you.
- Regulations — What New York’s new debt collection regulations are, and how they protect you as a consumer.
- Repossession — What you should do if you are unable to make your car payments, and your legal rights once your car is repossessed.
February 29, 2016