The Library will be closed all day on Wednesday, March 14. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Job Opening: Program Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Program Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: City Bar Center for CLE (CLE Department)
The Continuing Legal Education (“CLE”) Department of the New York City Bar Association, a non-profit organization, offers various types of programs for attorneys to update and continue their education in the law, as well as earn required CLE credit. In addition to the approximately 150 live programs offered every year, we offer live webcasts and online/on demand programs. The CLE Department is committed to providing high quality, timely and relevant programs to both newly admitted and experienced attorneys to serve the Bar’s committees, members and the bar-at-large. In addition to New York, we are accredited in California, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
JOB FUNCTION: The CLE Department seeks a Program Coordinator to assist attorneys with all aspects of the coordination of CLE programs, CLE events and non-CLE events. This is an entry-level position, with duties that include:
- Corresponding with program faculty;
- Confirming faculty information;
- Setting deadlines for course materials and following up as necessary;
- Obtaining copyright permission for articles submitted as necessary;
- Coordinating, collating and converting program materials for reproduction, download access and on-line viewing;
- Taking faculty RSVPs for faculty meetings and lunches;
- Acting as a liaison to Meeting Services, to ensure food, beverage and AV are provided at programs;
- Sending marketing materials to faculty;
- Assisting with all aspects of customer service at programs, including setting up the registration desk, processing walk-in registrations, monitoring webcast links for participant questions and technical issues, distributing course materials and CLE certificates, collecting evaluation forms, ensuring that attendees and faculty members sign in/out and ensuring that the rooms are properly set up;
- Producing and sending out thank you letter and CLE certificates to faculty;
- If a program has sponsors, ensuring that we are in compliance with the sponsorship agreements;
- Scheduling and getting approval for committee events (both CLE and non-CLE);
- Sending event intake forms to committee contacts;
- Following up as necessary on descriptions to be listed on-line;
- Transmitting approved descriptions to Communications for posting on the website;
- Communicating with committees to ascertain catering, audio visual needs and attendance numbers;
- Coordinating committee sponsored CLE events: collecting, collating, converting and distributing written materials
- Creating sign-in sheets, evaluations and CLE certificates for CLE events
- Taking on additional responsibilities/special projects as needed;
- Flexibility of hours is necessary as some early morning and evening hours are required.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- A college degree preferred;
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and proofreading skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, as well as data entry skills;
- Patience, understanding and affability on the telephone;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
This is an entry-level position with an annual salary in the low $30,000s and a comprehensive benefit plan.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to:
New York City Bar Association
Attn: Human Resources
42 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036