Library hours will be from 1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., on Friday, April 20. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Job Listing: Small Law Firm Director
POSITION TITLE: Small Law Firm Director (Part-Time with potential for full-time opportunity)
DEPARTMENT: Small Law Firm
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Career Development and Committee Engagement
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Small Law Firm Center supports the solo and small firm community by providing law practice management advice and information to lawyers who wish to start and/or grow their own small law firm. The Center organizes the annual Small Law Firm Practice Management Symposium as well as other programs and events that provide useful information and networking opportunities for existing and aspiring solo practitioners and small firm owners. The Center works closely with the New York City Bar Association’s Small Law Firm Committee, publishes a monthly e-newsletter, oversees the Virtual Law Firm Program, coordinates the Vendor Directory Program, and connects members through the Mentoring Circles Program.
Develop and implement strategies for Small Law Firm Center’s development and expansion as well as the growth of small firm and solo attorney membership in the City Bar. Act as a resource center for solo and small law firm members. Represent the Small Law Firm Center at events and on panels. Participate in communication to solo and small firm owners. Establish a clear public image and presence for the Center.
- Develop events and CLE programming to satisfy the members’ needs.
- Provide advice and information to solo and small firm members.
- Draft articles and content for monthly e-newsletter, web presence and small firm blog.
- Locate vendors offering services of value to the solo and small law firm members.
- Identify and pursue affinity relationships that will benefit solo and small firm members.
- Network with companies and associations outside of the New York City Bar to expand networking and educational opportunities for solos and small law firm members.
- Develop and implement public relations/communications plan to enhance the Center’s identity and visibility including its web presences, social media posts, and other social media methods of communication.
- Work with the Small Law Firm Committee to pursue initiatives that benefit solo and small law firm members.
- Develop and maintain strong ties with the community served by the Center.
- Perform administrative tasks as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
- Admission to practice law in New York State
- At least 5 years of law firm experience in administration or marketing or experience as a small law firm owner/solo practitioner
- Strong writing, presentation, interpersonal, communication, and administrative skills
- Strong management skills with experience developing budgets
- Superior organizational and strategic planning skills
Salary range is commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with salary requirement to:
New York City Bar Association
Attn: Director of Human Resources
42 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036