The City Bar will be closed on Monday, January 15, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Job Listing: Senior Membership & Marketing Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Senior Membership & Marketing Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Membership & Marketing
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager of Membership & Marketing
The membership & marketing coordinator is responsible for supporting and implementing the marketing strategies developed to increase membership, promote programs, increase registration, and sponsorship sales. Additionally, the Membership & Marketing Coordinator will oversee the day to day operation of our online community and support efforts to promote and grow other Association events, programs, and services.
- Administratively support and coordinate the marketing campaigns, plans, and programs that result in membership recruitment, growth, retention, and a superior level of member service, as well as any activities required for our online communities.
- Work closely with the Manager of Membership & Marketing to coordinate our outreach with law schools, including law school visits, Student Ambassador Program, annual Law School Discussion Forums, and event sponsorship including invoicing of school sponsors.
- Assist in the execution, coordination, and provide support of networking events for young attorneys.
- Coordinate and assist in the production and implementation of additional programs and events, as well as provide administrative support.
- Provide outreach to potential advertisers and coordinate advertising and sponsorship sales, achieving set goals and growing revenue and partnerships.
- Work with committee members/chairs, post updates and maintain City Bar Central, the online community for committees and members.
- Perform data entry as required adhering to set database rules.
- Provide communication of new member information.
- Prepare prospect lists and promotional materials for monthly mailings.
- Prepare and update membership marketing materials.
- Represent the Association at Bar-related functions.
- Add programs and make necessary updates and changes to website for membership and marketing.
- Work with Manager on social media strategies and implementation.
- Provide sales and administrative support and coordination of the member benefit programs and affinity relationships.
- Take notes and provide a written transcript of discussion forums held with Professional Development Directors, Law School Career Services staff and Law Firm Recruiters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- 4 year degree, preferably Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- A high level of emotional intelligence, collaborative style, and proven team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, solid judgment.
- Excellent proof reading skills for: web, online, print materials and member records.
- Self motivated and able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of iMIS, Keystone and WordPress a plus.
Salary range is commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with salary history and requirements to:
New York City Bar Association
Attn: Director, Human Resources
42 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036