The City Bar will close at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 22, and will be closed on Thursday, November 23, and Friday, November 24, for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Job Listing: Public Outreach LRS Intern
POSITION: Paid Internship
DEPARTMENT: New York City Bar Legal Referral Service
The New York City Bar Legal Referral Service (LRS) is in the business of public service. Our staff of attorney referral counselors answers calls and emails from hundreds of New Yorkers every day. We help people determine if they will benefit from working with a lawyer, and if so, refer them to a screened and qualified lawyer. However, sometimes we help people figure out they don’t need a lawyer. In that case, we will refer them to other helpful resources that might be better or more cost-effective. Behind all of this public service is a business model which depends on a lot of administrative work -- marketing and public outreach efforts; following up with our participating lawyers and the cases they handle; surveying the public; statistical analysis; accounting and revenue tracking, etc.
REPORTS TO: Depending upon the project, the intern will work with and take direction from different LRS staff members, but will report to the New York City Bar Legal Referral Service Executive Director.
DURATION: January 2018 through March 2018 (end date negotiable)
We are seeking an intern who can work for up to 19 hours a week (ideally). Work hours are flexible during our regular business hours (M-F, 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM)
GENERAL LIST OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Executive Director, Deputy Director, Marketing Project Manager and Operations Coordinator with customer service, marketing and public outreach efforts, market and statistical research, tracking lawyers’ cases and case history research, follow-up surveys, other administrative tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Projects may also include the following: list building, researching contacts, contacting organizations by telephone and email, distributing printed materials, assisting with paper-based and electronic customer satisfaction surveys and statistical analysis, researching eCourts database and case histories, compiling historical data and conducting ROI statistical analyses, projections, modeling, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel, the Internet, and other web-based applications.
- Excellent judgment, including the ability to prioritize work and work independently.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including the ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor
If interested and qualified, please send cover letter and resume to: