The City Bar will be closed on Monday, October 9, in observance of Columbus Day.
Job Listing: Office of Diversity and Inclusion Manager (Part-time)
POSITION TITLE: Office of Diversity and Inclusion Manager (Part-time)
DEPARTMENT: Office of Diversity and Inclusion
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Diversity and Inclusion
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion spearheads the Association’s strong commitment to diversity in the legal profession by developing and implementing programs and practices to encourage diversity in the New York legal community. The Office for Diversity and Inclusion provides infrastructure, coordination, and continuity to the diversity efforts of the various New York City Bar Association committees, departments, and external efforts.
The role of the Diversity and Inclusion Manager is to work closely with the Director of Diversity and Inclusion in the coordination and implementation of the New York City Bar Association’s strategic objectives for the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Support law firm benchmarking quantitative and qualitative research- summarizing data analysis, conduct qualitative interviews, participate in drafting of Benchmarking Report;
- Execute voluntary attrition survey;
- Assist with presentations for law firms, conferences, and other events;
- Liaise with Diversity Cluster and Committee to Enhance Diversity in the Profession to create reports for meetings, support program outreach and execution;
- Lead annual programs including Associate Leadership Institute, including outreach, seminar execution, collecting and reporting feedback, etc.
- Work with Communications/Media team to develop and execute press and media strategies for benchmarking research and Associate Leadership Institute;
- Provide initial drafting of diversity-related communications and write copy for 44th Street eNews, 44th Street Notes, quarterly newsletter, other publications;
- Support Diversity Champion Award nomination and selection process;
- Work closely with City Bar Leadership Team, Committee, analytics team, and external consultant; and serve as a point of contact/resource on behalf of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion; and
- Participate in quarterly presentations to City Bar Fund Board of Directors and New York City Bar Association Executive Committee;
- Take on additional responsibilities/special projects as needed
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
JD or MBA preferred. Comfort with law firm culture, excellent written/oral communication capabilities and interpersonal skills, strong research/analytical capabilities, proficiency in media platforms, substantive knowledge and experience in the areas of diversity programming and cross-cultural communication, ability to interact effectively and work collaboratively with people from diverse cultural and identity groups and from diverse job positions, strong attention to detail, and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
New York City Bar Association
Attn: Director, Human Resources
42 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036