The Library will be closed all day on Thursday, December 7, for a private event. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Job Listing: Executive Assistant
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Executive Director
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
- Assist the President, Executive Director and other staff within the department in various aspects of the operations of the 24,000-member New York City Bar Association.
- Assume primary responsibility for special projects and assist in coordinating events with committees, members of the Association, government officials, judges and others.
- Undertake research assignments on a wide range of issues; draft memos and correspondence.
- Provide administrative support including, but not limited to, scheduling of meetings and preparation of various documents.
- Assist with screening and answering busy phones within the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
- BA/BS required.
- Resourceful and flexible self-starter with excellent time management and prioritization skills who has the ability to work both in a team and independently while managing a multiple reporting relationship.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel a must.
- Some previous office experience preferred.
Salary range is commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
New York City Bar Association
Attn: Director of Human Resources
42 West 44th Street
New York, N.Y. 10036