The City Bar will close at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 22, and will be closed on Thursday, November 23, and Friday, November 24, for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Job Listing: Attorney Referral Counselor (PART TIME- Monday - Friday -12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
POSITION: Attorney Referral Counselor (Part Time - Monday - Friday 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
- Respond to high volume of calls and emails from the general public.
- Triage legal issues and direct clients to participating lawyers and other legal resources.
- Provide basic legal information to the public.
- Other duties, including legal research, public relations, marketing and public outreach, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice law in New York State.
- Experience in clinical environment, legal services, government or private law offices, and knowledge of civil law (e.g., negligence, landlord/tenant or matrimonial) and general legal procedures, preferred.
- Excellent phone manner, customer service and communication skills.
- Experience managing difficult people in person or on the phone preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish required.
- Basic PC skills, including Microsoft Office.
If interested and qualified, please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department
The New York City Bar Association
42 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036
Fax (212) 382-6769