The City Bar will be closed on Monday, January 15, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Job Listing: Accounting Systems and IT Administrator
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Systems and IT Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Finance / IT Services
POSITION REPORTS TO: ITS Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
- Manage all system related processes for the financial systems of the Association (iMIS database, Great Plains Accounting, Catering invoicing, AP processing) including the credit card processing system, and the web based e-commerce system
- Set up products, and design reports as needed for the systems
- Create queries and tables in MS Access to analyze and make changes as required to correct data and analyze entries in the system tables
- Run statements in MS SQL to evaluate data and run accounting procedures
- Setup and assist with PCI compliance
- Provide user support, LAN support, upgrades, patches, and adjustments to the database system, accounting system, and internet modules
- Facilitation of the E-Commerce projects including: Online dues payments, online join & re-join of new and restored members, online CLE and other program registrations & sales, online donations, and Committee payments & reports
- Work with ITS director to facilitate outside consultants on needs assessments, policy & procedure development, project budgeting, milestones, and benchmarks
- Run tests, simulations, demonstrations and training of new systems for Finance & other staff.
- Trouble shoot on any technical issue for the organization on an adhoc basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
Candidate for this job must have 5+ years of relevant experience and BS degree in Technology with minor in Accounting/Finance. Past experiences must demonstrate substantial knowledge working with complex systems, custom applications, operational accounting processes and systems. Extensive IMIS and Microsoft Great Plains experience required. IT experience for desktop support (Windows 7/10), database administration (MSSQL), LAN support (MS Windows Networking), working knowledge of Exchange Server, user training and documentation is highly desirable. Project management is A-Plus.
Candidates must be self-starters with solid work ethic and also possess the following:
- Ability to understand a complex system architecture in which data flows between interconnected systems.
- Experience with data extraction, transformation, and loading. Proficient with extensive data manipulation using Excel and Access. Ability to write simple and complex queries in Access. Produce reports using SQL queries and other reporting tools.
- Strong finance functional expertise, business process knowledge.
- Effective communication skills - including the capability to listen to the needs of others, research and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve operational accounting process and system issues.
- Superb attention to detail and able to deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Comfort with initiating and responding to change; demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement process/system improvements.
Salary range is commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
New York City Bar Association
Attn: Director of Human Resources
42 West 44th Street
New York, N.Y. 10036