The Library will be closed all day on Wednesday, March 14. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Job Opening: Communications and Development Coordinator - CBJC
The City Bar Justice Center (CJBC) is the largest division of the City Bar Fund, the 501(c)(3) affiliate of the New York City Bar which is one of the nation’s largest bar associations. The City Bar Justice Center assists low income New Yorkers who cannot afford an attorney with their civil legal problems. CBJC recruits, trains and mentors volunteer attorneys to provide advice and representation through a dozen projects assisting homeless families, disabled veterans, immigrants fleeing violence, microentrepreneurs and consumers with debt facing bankruptcy. In addition, CBJC’s telephone legal hotline provides referrals and brief advice to 1,000 people per month. CBJC is conveniently located in an historic building at 42 West 44th Street in midtown Manhattan.
CBJC seeks a Communications and Development Coordinator. This position focuses on visual and written communications, shaping how we present CBJC to supporters. The emphasis will be on content marketing strategy but also on development and maintenance of private resources in support of the mission of the City Bar Justice Center.
- Writing and producing a brief digital CBJC supporter newsletter four times a year.
- Project managing communications materials, including brochures, reports and other publications, and videos.
- Regularly updating all content on the City Bar Justice Center website www.citybarjusticecenter.org.
- Coordinating the Annual Epstein Awards, held in the Fall, and other volunteer recognition events, and serving as the liason to the Annual Spring Gala consultants.
- Calendaring, researching and reporting on private grant applications and reports in partnership with the Managing Attorney.
- Recording all incoming funds and issuing thank you letters.
- Producing and sending out two private appeals in partnership with the Executive Director: the annual law firm and corporate appeal and the individual end of year appeal.
- Other administrative support tasks as assigned.
- Excellent writing for web and print publications.
- Graphic design and photography skills.
- Very strong technology skills including Excel, HTML, and WordPress.
- Well organized and able to multi-task.
- Ability to update our website and liaison with consultants on design and content.
- At least one year of prior experience in an office setting.
- Strong project management skills.
The City Bar Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer with competitive public interest salary and benefits. The position is available immediately. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, short writing sample and three references (including daytime telephone numbers) by email to:
Director of Human Resources
New York City Bar
42 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036