|The Virtuous Lawyer’s New York Adventure: Ethics Evolution|
2010 Professional Development Workshop Series: The Keys to Success
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 Breakfast/Registration 8:00 - 8:30 am; Workshop 8:30 - 10:15 am
This program provides 2.0 transitional/non-transitional NY CLE ethics credits.
This interactive seminar explores the accelerating changes in legal ethics concepts and practice, changes made more challenging by New York’s shift from the Code to the approach of the ABA’s Model Rules. Using useful tools for ethical analysis and lively hypotheticals for audience debate, this session begins by presenting core ethical principles to apply when the Rules can’t evolve fast enough, and moves on to probing new developments and dilemmas, such as:
• Ethics traps in the social networking explosion
• Conflicts the profession didn’t see coming (or pretends it didn’t...)
• The in-house investigation problem
• When being ethical creates an appearance of impropriety
• Borderline client fraud
• Evolving ethical limitations on attorney conduct
Speaker: Jack Marshall, President, ProEthics
Special Thanks to
$60 per Workshop for Non-Members
For more details, please call 212-382-4723.
This series is not part of Firm Passports.